Moon Marrakesh & Beyond
Day Trips, Local Spots, Strategies to Avoid Crowds
From embracing the frenzied souks of Marrakesh to camping in the otherworldly Sahara, experience Morocco at your own speed with Moon Marrakesh & Beyond.
- Explore In and Around the City: Wander Marrakesh's most interesting areas like the medina and Ville Nouvelle or head to Toubkal National Park or Casablanca
- Go at Your Own Pace: Choose from multiple itinerary options with ideas for foodies, souk shoppers, hikers, and more
- See the Sights: Haggle at a souk marketplace, stroll through the colorful Majorelle Gardens, wander down a trendy street in the Ville Nouvelle, or admire the intricate woodcarvings at Bahia Palace
- Get Outside the City: Stay in an overnight desert camp like Erg Chigaga, hit the slopes in Toubkal National Park, and take a Moroccan cooking class in Casablanca
- Savor the Flavors: Try traditional Moroccan cuisine like couscous and tagine, sip mint tea in a courtyard café, and stop at a street cart for hoomus or bissara soup
- Experience Morocco After-Hours: Relax in a hammam, take in the magic of the Jemaa el-Fnaa plaza at night, or stay in a unique riad guesthouse
- Get to Know the Real Marrakesh: Author Lucas Peters shares his love of his former home, with tips for supporting local businesses and respectfully engaging with culture
- Full-Color Photos and Detailed Maps
- Handy Tools: Background information on Marrakesh's history and culture, plus tips on ethical travel, what to pack, where to stay, and how to get around
Extending your adventure? Check out Moon Morocco.